- Improve bat speed and exit velocity using proven overload/underload training principles
- Three weighted training bats: +20% barrel load, +20% handle load, -20% underload
- 12 weeks of guided, in-season and out-of-season training created by Driveline Baseball
- Gain up to 5 mph of exit velocity, on average, in first month
- Speed Trainers available for youth, high school, and college baseball, fastpitch softball, and slowpitch
Find the Axe Bat Speed Training System that's right for you.
"(Jason Ochart, Director of Hitting, Driveline Baseball): Every single hitter in our facility uses the Axe Bat Speed Trainers. They're gaining over 5.5 mph within the first month, on average.
The Axe Bat Speed Program is very much like weight lifting for your swing.
If you buy the Speed Trainer System, you get 12 weeks of in-season programming and 12 weeks of off-season programming. There are three different training bats. One is an end-loaded overload bat. Another is an overload bat that's handle-loaded. And the third bat is the underload bat; that's 20 percent lighter.
The benefit of the underload bat is in training the central nervous system to allow your body to move faster. When you take the lighter bat in your swing, you're going to unlock some more bat speed.
The overload bats will give you more resistance for your swing. All the muscles that are involved in swinging will be challenged.
A lot of hitters, when they pick up the Axe Handle, they're seeing their numbers improve -- their launch angle numbers, their line-drive percentage, their average and peak exit velocities go up.
When you give the guys the Speed Trainers after a round of 100 swings, their average velocities are usually in the 90s.
(Kyle Boddy, Founder, Driveline Baseball): We spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on technology to see what tools actually work and what don't, and what techniques are actually validated and what aren't.
(Hugh Tompkins, Axe Bat): This is new technology that gives the player an advantage, and why wouldn't you want every advantage you can get?"